Group Discussion Guide: Find Your Calling
Lesson 2 — Calling and Your Job
- When you introduce yourself to others, what do you say? What does this say about how you view yourself? What does it say about how you view God?
- If we are to live in the world religiously, then who does “ministry” and where? As we have learned from Brian's lessons, ministry:
- IS NOT: exclusive to church, parachurch, or some form of paid Christian work
- IS: all service in all places that we do on behalf of Christ and others, co-participating in the redemptive work of God, property of the priesthood of all believers, and connected to our primary and specific calling. All Christians are ministers no matter their jobs.
- How does this help with some of the tensions you might feel around your job and your calling?
- Oswald Chambers says, “Get into the habit of saying, ‘Speak, Lord,’ and life will become a romance.” When has the Lord spoken to you and what has he said? How is this quote both helpful and frustrating?